Our vision is of a compelling 21st century where the needs of people, profit, and planet are balanced.
We imagine buildings and cities that enhance the environment while improving people’s lives. We aim to achieve this by integrating the principles of sustainability into organisations, business management and projects.
Sustainability in buildings
Sustainable Design has transformed the development industry in recent years. Organica Engineering has played a central role in this transformation, allowing many organisations and major projects to improve their policies and processes, upgrade their buildings, and achieve Australian excellence or world leadership in their building projects.
We can achieve this by applying the following processes and standards to our client’s projects:
- Sustainable Design for building projects
- Sustainability referrals services for Councils.
- Cost benefit analysis and feasibility
- Building Code Section J compliance
- Green Star Certification
- Green Star peer reviews and project sustainability management guidance
- Bioregional One Planet Certification
- Sustainable Design Assessment for planning applications
- Council ESD officer and planner training in BESS, SDAPP and in Assessing Sustainable Design in Planning
Organica Engineering provides exceptional value in the delivery of these services. Organica Engineering has worked extensively with construction companies and all levels of government in tackling a range of sustainability issues such as: energy and water efficiency, Sustainability Strategy development and implementation, toolkit development and Green Star certification.
Relevant experience with Sustainability in development includes:
- Developing capital works sustainability guides for Councils such as Knox, Darebin, Whittlesea, Dandenong, Casey Brimbank and Hobson’s Bay;
- Assisting the GBCA in technical development of Green Star tools and calculators;
- Assessing over 200 Green Star submissions as a GBCA Certified Assessor, providing an in-depth understanding of current best practice sustainability in commercial buildings in Australia.
- Facilitating the BESS, SDAPP and IWM workshops for Councils.
- Helping numerous organisations deliver Greener Buildings, such as the Department of Defence, Sustainability Victoria, the DHS, and Victorian councils such as Brimbank, Darebin, the City of Yarra and Knox.
Organica Engineering assists clients with smart cities technologies including utility metering and monitoring systems, and Integrated Water Management software.
Contact us if you would like to know more about Smart Cities and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for your project.
We provide in house training services and workshops for Councils on the following topics:
- Implementing WSUD into Council Planning and Building
- Sustainable Design Assessment in the Planning Process (SDAPP) training for planners and ESD advisors
- Sustainable Capital works including implementing policy and toolkits such as BESS and Green Star
Ian Adams, director of Organica Engineering is a Sustainability Engineer and a recognised industry leader with extensive experience in delivering sustainable buildings and developments.
Ian was Fraser’s sustainability coordinator for nearly five years integrating ESD innovations into hundreds of greenfield developments around Australia.
He is a certified assessor and trainer for the Green Building Council of Australia.
Ian regularly lectures at RMIT and Melbourne Universities on sustainable design and city infrastructure.
William is an Environmental Engineer with a Masters in Environmental Law. Will works part time as a planning sustainability referrals officer at both Knox Council and Whitehorse Council.
Will has successfully delivered local and international projects, aimed at alleviating environmental impacts, reducing resources and addressing climate change while working for Arup and ERM in Melbourne and the Royal Group in Dubai.
Organica Engineering provides the required breadth of knowledge and experience for us to tackle the most demanding projects. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.